As Women of Color, self-doubt and criticism can practically feel like they’re in our bones. But I promise you, they’re not. Your beliefs are built around PRACTICE, they are not set in stone. What you believe about yourself is just the evidence you have received and accepted so far.
I create the Belief Bookmarking practice because I desperately needed it in my life AND business. This process stems from a lifetime of what I now recognize as trauma.
I’ll delve into my own story, discussing how I was conditioned and brought up, my relationships, marriages, and the repeated patterns that led me to create the belief bookmarking process.
For years, I wished I could be someone else, someone who trusted themselves and cared less about others’ opinions. So I took matters into my own hands and made that possible for myself.
The belief bookmarking process is my way of capturing moments of self-trust, bottling them up, and using them to remind myself. It’s a conscious effort to plan for slipping back into old patterns.
As humans, we tend to default to what we’ve always done. This process involves taking small moments of self-trust, turning them into evidence, and actively practicing beliefs about ourselves.
In this episode, we’re chatting about:
– What is Belief Bookmarking?
– How Belief Bookmarking has changed my life and business
ELEMENTS OF A BELIEF BOOKMARKING PLAN:
1. Take your Intentional beliefs and plug them into “I Am” app.
2. Leave voice memos to yourself
3. Favorite voice memos from clients or friends
4. Write notes to yourself when you are experiencing the beliefs you want to come back to
5. A Camera Roll folder in your phone with screenshots of messages you’ve received, client wins, praise etc.
6. Listen to podcast episodes you have been on.
7. Share wins with your people – it makes you accept them as truth more
8. Celebration act – shows your body you are receiving the win and showing yourself love for it
I hope this episode helps you begin the process of radical self-trust. Shoot me a message on Instagram or Linkedin and let me know if you’re starting this journey!